Tuesday, February 24, 2015

One Headlight


Driving to my house one night, I noticed a car coming my way with a headlight out. It reminded me of the game my friends and I played in high school. Anytime one of us saw a car with one headlight out we would have to hit the roof as fast as we could. This would entertain us and sometimes scare the crap out of us as well. One my friends that I would play with was my dear friend Amanda that I lost in a car accident almost a year ago. So from  that night on I started noticing the cars that would pass me. Every time I would drive I would notice at least 2-3 cars with out a headlight. I was telling a friend about this, that the signs that I would receive from Amanda have been changing and that this was the latest one. As soon as I was done telling the story, she gasped saying that a commercial just came on with the song "One Headlight" by the Wallflowers. "Amanda is saying hi!" is what came out of my friend's mouth. I totally believe it too. I know that she sends me these signs, and though they make me feel great they will never take the pain away of her absence. The pain that I feel when I can't call her, or realize she will not be in my wedding. The first anniversary  of her death is right around the corner. While I continue to miss her every day, this specific day has been haunting me for the past month or so. As I realized this was happening I planned a relaxing weekend for myself, spending time with those who also miss her. Now I am looking forward to it. I am looking forward to celebrating her life, even though it was cut too short. So on March 9th in her honor, call that friend you haven't talked to or grab dinner with your bestie. We all have those girlfriends in our life that can never be replaced!
"A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment